Identify Issues Driving Plan Costs
Rising health plan costs are having a major impact on organizations’ bottom lines. As a result, many are looking for innovative ways to mitigate their employee benefit plans expenses.
As a top 25 broker of U.S. business, we are experienced drivers of growth. Our actuarial services apply financial and mathematical models to help you optimize your risk alternatives and identify the issues driving plan costs.
Our actuarial consulting practice, led by Dave Rubadue, FSA, MAAA, CLU, National Director of Health Care Actuarial Services, can assist with statistical and financial analysis, strategy and growth, compliance and pricing and product development. This includes the use of benefits cost containment strategies, compliance analyses and a range of benefits administration techniques to provide the most comprehensive tools needed to control benefits costs and maximize your employees’ wellbeing.
By applying methodologies which follow the standards enacted by the American Academy of Actuaries and decisions that are supported through sophisticated data analytics, we can help your organization confidently and successfully manage employee benefit programs to achieve sustainable growth and profit, improve coverage for your employees and remain compliant.
Statistical & Financial Analyses
- Financial projections
- Expected-loss forecasting
- Claim & utilization forecasts
- Reserve & accrued liability valuations
- Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) development & financial management
- Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) valuations
- Qualified to form SAP statement opinions — Appointed Actuary
Strategy & Growth
- Managed care program ROI assessments
- Program & vendor management
- Alternative-funding feasibility studies
- Agreement review & negotiations
- Risk management
- Employee benefit captive & MEWA financial feasibility and assessment valuations
- Recommendations pertaining to evolving legislation, including the Affordable Care Act
- Premium adequacy & reserve appropriateness certifications
- Medicare/Medicaid compliance & rate formulation
- Discrimination testing
Pricing & Product Development
- Benefit design, network assessments, managed care program assessments & its value/ROI
- Rate development
- Experience analysis
- Trend studies
- Underwriting & assessment of risk
- Reinsurance analysis & negotiation
The CBIZ Difference
When you choose CBIZ Actuarial Services, you’ll gain access to national resources paired with personal service. Our ultimate goal is to help your organization foster continued growth, compliance and employee wellbeing through the use of cost-effective actuarial solutions.