The transition from private entity to public company often requires a fundamental reworking of internal processes, reporting, internal controls, and related systems. Our team supports the process for going public, with work streams that include the following:
- Technical Accounting & Documentation: We assist in the adoption of new accounting pronouncements, segment reporting analysis, cheap stock considerations, revenue recognition, business combinations and evaluation of other non-routine transactions.
- Quarterly Reporting: We have a proven method to prepare for and get the external auditors through the SAS 100 quarterly review process in an efficient and timely manner.
- S-1/S-4 Preparation: Our professionals draft all financial sections of the document, including public company F-Pages, earnings per share calculations, pro-forma presentations, MD&A, non-GAAP financial measures, liquidity and capital resources and critical accounting policies.
- Systems, Process & People: Our experts assess your current environment and assist with system selection, implementation and optimization, as well as streamlining and revamping the accounting close procedures and related processes.
- Internal Controls, Tax & Compliance: Management and the bankers will want a level of comfort that risks have been identified and addressed, deficiencies in controls are remediated and that corporate governance is strong in order to provide management certifications. Our team can assist with all of these, including tax and SOX compliance.