As a public company or a company preparing to go public, you have enough on the agenda without the extra scrutiny on your internal control environment. The accountability guidelines from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 add to the to-do list. Bringing an external provider helps you maintain compliance without burdening your internal teams with meeting the quarterly and annual requirements.
CBIZ Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) services professionals provide a roadmap for operational testing and remediation of control structures to help ensure compliance with SOX mandates. The cost-effective services we provide assist with the full range of SOX compliance needs and requirements. We can help your company organize the compliance project, select compliance software and provide copyrighted risk and control libraries. Whatever your SOX needs, we customize a solution offering to help you meet compliance deadlines.
Whatever your specific concern or requirement, we stand at the ready to assist you in coordinating your SOX compliance needs and minimizing your costs. Ways we assist include:
- Counseling sponsors and steering committee members
- Serving as the project management provider
- Developing your approach, action plans, timelines and deliverables
- Evaluating risk mitigation and internal control adequacy to recommend plans for improvement
- Implementing internal control methodology and software
- Providing ongoing monitoring of internal control framework and testing
- Preparing periodic reports to management and audit committee
Through our association with MHM* (Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.), an independent CPA firm, you can also receive the necessary opinions of your internal controls as mandated by SOX.