Infrastructure & Project Advisory Group
Recognizing the pressing need to maintain or replace aging critical infrastructure, state and local governments and other public agencies are turning to public-private partnerships and similar techniques to attract private capital as a funding source and facilitate expeditious project development.
The Infrastructure & Project Advisory Group advises private developers and joint ventures engaged in the design, construction, ownership and/or operation of real estate and other infrastructure projects. Drawing on our unique range of professional services, we can help you develop a comprehensive project structure, secure and implement project financing, or support specific segments of your ongoing project.
Our collaborative project teams include financial, tax, valuation, risk and insurance professionals and extensive experience with public-private partnership models addressing level of investment, ownership control, risk sharing, technical collaboration, duration of the project, financing mode, tax treatment and management of cash flows.
- Audit & Assurance*: MHM provides independent municipal audits; private enterprise and joint venture audits.
- Capital Access, Credit Structuring: We can assist with project financing by evaluating entitlements, ownership structures, contracts, and financing arrangements to meet the needs of your procurement, construction and operations teams and enhance developer return on equity.
- Financial Modeling: We are experienced at developing comprehensive, flexible financial models to project and stress test future project cash flows.
- Risk Management: We assist with all critical aspects of risk management including identifying and ranking significant risks, allocation to the third party best able to manage it, risk mitigation by insurance, use of derivatives and other techniques.
- Tax Planning & Compliance: We take a comprehensive approach that ensures tax treatments meet requirements for private sector participants, coordinate tax-exempt finance with private participation, and assure that investment in long-term assets and employment take advantage of tax benefits and other government incentives.
- Transaction Advisory & Due Diligence: Our team helps you structure your arrangement optimally by fully evaluating complex transactions.
- Valuation: We can provide comprehensive valuation advisory including financial valuation, litigation support, tangible assets appraisals, machinery and equipment valuation, and real estate valuation provided to a full range of industries and asset types.