Not-for-Profit & Education
Guidance tailored to your organization
As a not-for-profit organization, you face pressures from both internal and external sources. You balance the cost of your operations with the demands and expectations from the public and from stakeholders. At the same time, you uphold your commitment to the community.
CBIZ’s national not-for-profit and education practice understands the challenges of operating in the nonprofit sector and provide an array of tax, assurance* and business advisory solutions that make it easier for you to focus on your core functions. Our experience with entities that include educational institutions, schools, health and welfare groups, public charities, and religious institutions helps streamline your operations, increase your transparency to stakeholders and keep you in compliance with ever-changing financial reporting regulations.
Solutions for Not-for-Profit & Education
- Advisory: Enlist our experienced team for not-for-profit and higher education advisory solutions.
- Accounting & Tax Outsourcing: Enlist accounting and tax outsourcing and co-sourcing to free up your valuable resources to allow you to focus more on your core services.
- Audit & Assurance*: Receive financial statement audits and numerous other assurance services from our MHM team to help you demonstrate compliance with financial reporting regulations.
- Form 990 Preparation and Exemption Application Assistance: Access assistance for Form 990 reporting that provides your donors, constituents, stakeholders and the public a view of your organization, its mission and its financial health. We help you complete and file this IRS-mandated form for tax-exempt organizations, including assistance with obtaining and maintaining your tax-exempt status.
- Single Audits*: Access audits that are compliant with the Uniform Grant Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133) with our MHM team.
Each month, CBIZ publishes the Not-for-Profit Viewpoint, a publication which covers the regulatory updates and trends impacting not-for-profit organizations.