Gregg Landers is a Managing Director of CBIZ MHM, LLC. Gregg is Practice Leader of the Golden State Business units Client Accounting & Advisory Services (CAAS) practice as well as the firm’s Management Consulting, SOC and Internal Control Services practice. Gregg also sits on Golden States Executive Team. In his role as Practice Leader of the CAAS practice, Gregg leads and oversees the complete outsourcing of transactional accounting , fractional Controller/CFO and the financial and strategic advisory for small and medium fast growth businesses. The CAAS group specializes in small and medium growth companies, often venture backed, in the technology, real estate, professional services, and life sciences industries. Gregg also oversees consulting services as they relate to executive coaching and SME growth advisory, including strategic thinking, data analytics and dashboarding, streamlining operations, planning for exit, and other related services.
Gregg spent the first ten years of his career in various finance and accounting roles in industry including a then fortune 100 company, a startup, and a rapidly growing midsized company. He then joined the largest regional CPA firm in San Diego outside the Big 4, to ultimately run the management consulting group, and made partner prior to the firm merging with CBIZ.
During his 20-year tenure with CBIZ and the predecessor firm, Gregg has overseen and engaged in a wide variety of consulting groups and services, sometimes with overlapping leadership roles (especially when there were synergies between the services). A few of the more notable services are:
- the outsourced accounting services group,
- the fractional staff, Controller and CFO services,
- the data analytics and PBI services,
- the Executive coaching, board advisory and SME Growth advisory services,
- the ERP and Business Intelligence tool and score-carding design and implementation group,
- the Strategic Planning Facilitation group,
- the SOX consulting group,• the recruiting services group,
- the quality of earnings (due diligence) and transaction services group,
- the cyber security consulting group,
- the Risk Management, fraud prevention and Internal Controls group,
- the System Organization Control (SOC) audit group.
Gregg is highly skilled at working with clients to successfully improve business value, cash flow and profitability, reduce risk, streamline their accounting, and to manage the challenges associated with nearly all aspects of growth.