On top of concerns about market presence, day-to-day operations and profitability, public companies need to meet the accountability guidelines put forth by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The federal act that helps mitigate fraud and the disclosure of confidential data in publicly held companies continues to present significant compliance concerns more than a decade after it was enacted.
CBIZ risk and advisory specialists can help ease the burden of preparing and filing the quarterly and annual reports. Our Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) services professionals provide a roadmap for operational testing and remediation of control structures to help ensure compliance with SOX mandates.
The cost-effective services we provide assist with the full range of SOX compliance needs and requirements. We can help organize the compliance project, select compliance software and provide copyrighted risk and control libraries. Whatever your SOX needs, we customize a solution offering to help you meet compliance deadlines.
Among the ways we can assist you:
- Counseling sponsors and steering committee members
- Serving as the project management provider
- Developing your approach, action plans, timelines and deliverables
- Evaluating risk mitigation and internal control adequacy to recommend plans for improvement
- Implementing internal control methodology and software
- Providing ongoing monitoring of internal control framework and testing
- Preparing periodic reports to management and audit committee
Through our association with MHM* (Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.), an independent CPA firm, you can also receive the necessary opinions of your internal controls as mandated by SOX.
Whatever your specific concern or requirement, we stand at the ready to assist you in coordinating your SOX compliance needs and minimizing your costs.