Not-for-Profit & Education
Guidance tailored to your organization
As a not-for-profit organization, you face pressures from both internal and external sources. You must balance the cost of your operations with the demands and expectations from the public and from shareholders. At the same time, you must uphold your commitment to the community.
We understand the challenges of operating in the nonprofit sector and provide an array of tax, assurance* and business advisory solutions that make it easier for you to focus on your core functions. Our professionals work with the gamut of not-for-profits, from educational institutions and schools to health and welfare groups and public charities. We bring our experience to the table to assist your organization.
Each month, CBIZ publishes the Not-for-Profit Viewpoint, a publication which covers the regulatory updates and trends impacting not-for-profit organizations. Visit our archive.
The array of services we provide help streamline your operations, increase your transparency to shareholders and keep you in compliance with the ever-changing financial reporting regulations.
- Audit & Assurance*: MHM provides financial statement audits and numerous other assurance services to help you demonstrate compliance with financial reporting regulations.
- Form 990 Preparation and Exemption Application Assistance: Form 990 provides your donors, constituents, shareholders and the public a view of your organization, its mission and its financial health. Our tax advisors help you complete and file this IRS-mandated form for tax-exempt organizations. We also help you obtain and maintain your tax-exempt status.
- Outsourcing: Accounting and tax outsourcing and co-sourcing free up your valuable resources to allow you to focus more on your core services.
- Single Audits*: MHM professionals are highly trained in conducting audits that are compliant with the Uniform Grant Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133).
- Unrelated Business Income Tax Planning: Whether your revenue is generated by your organization or for-profit subsidiaries, ongoing planning and management are critical to maintaining your tax-exempt status.