Alternative Risk Transfer (ART) Solutions
National Alternative Risk/Captive Insurance Practice
At CBIZ, our National Alternative Risk/Captive Insurance Practice Group is dedicated to the design, implementation and management of alternative risk transfer (ART) mechanisms. These mechanisms are designed to help you retain underwriting profits and reduce insurance premiums you pay under traditional plans. Our extremely skilled staff has the expertise and resources to guide your organization through this complex arena to ensure you are using the industry’s most efficient and appropriate risk financing and insurance arrangements. Opportunities include:
- High-Deductible Plans
- Retrospectively Rated Programs
- Pool Programs
- Qualified Self-Insured Plans
- Reciprocal Arrangements
- Risk Purchasing Groups
- Risk Retention Groups
- Trust Arrangements
Our unique value proposition is that we provide consultancy and solutions on an unbundled basis. We are not tied to only certain alternative-risk service providers or facilities. We do not bundle all service platforms internally. Our vast portfolio of alternative-risk facilities, service providers, and legal/tax/actuarial specialists provides our clients with customized solutions created for their specific profiles, goals and objectives.
Which Organizations Can Benefit From an ART?
High-performing companies that:
- Do not wish to pay high risk-management premiums to cover the cost of low-performing companies whose premiums are inadequate to pay their claims.
- Desire access to underwriting profits and corresponding investment income generated from their current insurance premiums.
- Want more control of their destiny in the areas of claims management and risk management, as well as with whom they share risk.
- Demand stability and predictability in their risk financing, as well as adequate capacity to insure their organizational risks.
The points listed above are some of the main reasons the ART segment of the commercial insurance industry has grown at more than 200 times the rate of the traditional market in the past 15 years. In fact, the ART market now constitutes over 50 percent of all commercial insurance premiums. The professionals of the CBIZ National Alternative Risk/Captive Insurance Practice Group would enjoy the opportunity to discuss how we can help your organization become part of this growing segment of the industry and maximize the use of your risk-management premium dollars.