CBIZ Employee Services Organization maintains a Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Department staffed with attorneys and paralegals to monitor state and federal laws impacting employee benefit plans. In addition to reviewing and interpreting state and federal laws, court decisions, administrative rulings, and pronouncements affecting employee benefits, our staff also assists our CBIZ ESO consultants in defining the issues and developing a roadmap for resolution of specific compliance issues.
Areas of expertise are state and federal laws impacting employee benefits, including welfare benefits, as well as pension and retirement benefits, including:
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Cafeteria plans and other reimbursement plans
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and other continuation rights
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as it relates to both portability and the privacy and security rules
- Medical Child Support Orders (MCSO)
- Mental Health Parity Laws
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Wellness Programs
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA)
CBIZ ESO’s Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Department is adept at communicating complex issues in simple and actionable terms through a variety of client publications. As a CBIZ ESO client, you will have full access to many of our publications, including:
- At Issue, a CBIZ client newsletter that provides information of general interest regarding employee benefits law and legislation.
- For Your Benefit, a CBIZ compliance reference guide to state and federal regulatory issues governing welfare benefit plans.
- Benefit Beat, a monthly CBIZ e-newsletter containing regulatory updates.
- CBIZ Health Reform Bulletins, technical reports that provide summaries of implementation guidance issued by the Affordable Care Act’s governing agencies. Bulletins are intended to provide CBIZ ESO clients with both technical guidance and an understanding of the impact of specific rules.
In addition, our CBIZ ESO team provides webinars for our clients whenever significant laws or regulations are implemented that require employer compliance.
Get in touch with one of our consultants to learn more.
Our benefits consulting can be integrated with our HRIS Technology and payroll service. Which when combined can deliver the best value for your health plan spend. eliminate your burdensome administrative processes and enhance your employee's engagement