DOL Updates its Employment Guide
The DOL recently released its updatedEmployment Law Guide. This Guide is made available to employers to provide general overview information and compliance assistance of the various laws administered and enforced by the DOL, including:
- Federal Wage and Hour Laws;
- Health and Retirement Benefit Plans;
- Family and Medical Leave;
- Other workplace standards, such as OSHA and Immigration; and
- Federal contract issues.
In addition, the DOL initiated “FirstStep Employment Law Advisor ”, an on-line system for employers to determine, quickly and easily, which federal employment laws apply to them, by answering a few simple questions. This Advisor provides:
- A primer of the various laws;
- The appropriate notice, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements for each particular law; and
- Posting requirements, including links to the appropriate posters for downloading and printing.
The information contained in this Benefit Beat is not intended to be legal, accounting, or other professional advice, nor are these comments directed to specific situations.
As required by U.S. Treasury rules, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this Benefit Beat is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service