Notice Reminders: Medicare Part D
- Annual Medicare Part D Notices. The annual notices of creditable and noncreditable coverage to Medicare-eligibles must be provided no later than November 14, 2008. Notices to be used on or after June 15, 2008, as well as Creditable Coverage Guidance, are all available on-line from the CMS website, or can be viewed from these links:
- Model Individual Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice (English or Spanish)
- Model Individual Non-Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice (English or Spanish)
- Model Personalized Individual Disclosure Notice (English or Spanish)
- Disclosure Notice to CMS. An annual report,Creditable Coverage Disclosure Form, must also be submitted to CMS describing whether the prescription drug coverage is creditable or not creditable. This filing must be accomplished electronically, and is due within 60 days of the commencement of the plan year. For details about this notice, see CMS guidance and/or Form Instructions and Screen Shots.
The information contained in this Benefit Beat is not intended to be legal, accounting, or other professional advice, nor are these comments directed to specific situations.
As required by U.S. Treasury rules, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this Benefit Beat is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.