“We are extremely proud of all the nominees, honorees and winners that participated in the 2014 Edington Next Practice Awards. Each of these companies truly exemplifies what it means to be innovative thinkers and leaders within their respective industry, as it relates to wellness,” said Robin Widdis, interim national director of wellness at CBIZ Employee Services.
The Next Practice Award nominees were considered in each of the following five core pillars: Senior Leadership, Operational Leadership, Self-Leadership, Recognition and Rewards and Quality Assurance. The industry-expert panel of judges was free to recognize only those organizations that were truly engaging in innovative and creative initiatives; as such, they were not bound to award submissions in every pillar.
Applicants were asked to complete a pre-qualification survey to ensure that they met minimum criteria across all of the five pillars of an effective wellness strategy. Applicants who passed this survey were then required to submit a description of their initiative. Judging considerations included enterprise effort and participation, organizational resources dedicated to the initiative, engagement rates, and outcomes such as employee satisfaction, health and wellness improvements, and productivity.
After careful evaluation by the judges, the 2014 Next Practice Award winners include:
- Pillar III, Self-Leadership: NextERA Energy, Inc., Juno Beach, Fla.
- Pillar IV, Recognition and Rewards: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
- Pillar V, Quality Assurance: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Another category, “Great Beginnings,” was also offered and recognizes organizations that are on the short path to becoming Next Practices. The Great Beginnings recognitions also followed the pillars of success:
- Pillar II, Operational Leadership: Barrette Outdoor Living, Bulls Gap, Tenn.
- Pillar III, Self-Leadership: McCormick and Company, Inc., Hunt Valley, Md.
- Pillar IV, Recognition and Rewards: Independent Group Home Living, Inc. (IGHL), East Moriches, NY; Schuff International, Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.; Special-Lite, Inc., Decatur, Mich.
- Pillar V, Quality Assurance: Barrette Outdoor Living, Bulls Gap, Tenn.
The 2014 Edington Next Practice Awards honorees in both categories will be featured in a series of webinars hosted by the sponsors sometime in the third quarter of 2015, where each will showcase its award winning program.
About Edington Associates LLC
Edington Associates works with organizations to develop healthy and high performing workplaces and people for the 21st century. The Edington system helps employers become champion companies through research, experiences and solutions that build supportive leadership and healthy work environments, design and leverage effective health management programs and create timely and actionable plans to build a sustaining culture that we would even like our children to work in.