For the last decade, CBIZ has been fighting the hunger epidemic in our local communities, and our offices across the country have banded together again for our annual CBIZ Food Drive. Our theme this year was “Game Day 2018: Knocking Hunger Out of the Park,” and the team met our collection goals, bringing in an impressive 1,021,586 pounds of food across the country!
This year’s success marks the fourth consecutive year we’ve exceeded one million pounds of food in our collection efforts. Our 10-year grand total is now nearly 7.7 million pounds of food donated to communities in need.
The Food Drive’s impressive success is due to our team’s spirit and creativity. CBIZ offices across the country held events, including community shredding events and a chance to receive autographs from Idaho’s Lewis-Clark State College Warriors baseball team, and many teams built creative displays to showcase the Drive and generate excitement. Check back on the blog after the holidays to see memorable photos from the events and the impressive displays the teams created.
Behind the fun events is the friendly competition our teams add to the Food Drive. Each year we recognize winners in several categories based on office size, and winning offices were determined based on the ratio of pounds of food collected to number of employees. The winners of each category will receive a corporate cash donation to a local food pantry, as well as an extra half-day of time off. The second place offices will also receive a corporate cash donation to a local food pantry and will be treated to breakfast or lunch. We also recognized a single “Most Improved” office in each category, which measures the percentage increase in donations over last year.
As always, I am grateful for our team’s commitment to giving back to the community, and I wanted to highlight this year’s winners:
Large office category (55+ employees)
- First place: CBIZ Phoenix, AZ (1,047.64 pounds per employee)
- Second place: CBIZ Memphis, TN (524.73 pounds per employee)
Medium office category (16-54 employees)
- First place: CBIZ Brentwood, TN (1,899.29 pounds per employee)
- Second place: CBIZ Easton, MD (665.37 pounds per employee)
Small office category (1-15 employees)
- First place: CBIZ Greenville, SC (938.88 pounds per employee)
- Second place: CBIZ Johnstown, PA (340 pounds per employee)
Most Improved offices
- Large: CBIZ Retirement Plan Services (Philadelphia) (92.35% increase)
- Medium: CBIZ Manasquan, NJ (233.08% increase)
- Small: CBIZ M&S (Honolulu, HI) (8,592.33% increase)