In just two weeks, CBIZ employees pulled together to collect a total of 1,026,139 pounds of food during the company’s annual National Food Drive.
This year marks the very first time our employees’ donations crossed the 1 million-pound milestone, a far cry from the 700,000-pound goal we originally set. All of the donations will be given to food pantries within CBIZ communities throughout the U.S.
We are very proud of our employees for their tremendous efforts to fight hunger and are absolutely thrilled with these results. Since the beginning of the National Food Drive in 2009, CBIZ employees have collected and donated more than 4 million pounds of food to pantries around the country.
This year, we encouraged employees to get into the competitive spirit by embodying our Hunger Wars: Episode 2015 theme. I’d like to take the time to extend a special congratulations to the winning offices responsible for collecting the most food. Results were determined by a ratio of total pounds collected to total amount of employees in the office.
Winners of each category will receive a corporate cash donation for a local food pantry of their choice, and employees will be rewarded with an extra half-day vacation. Second place finishers will also receive a corporate cash donation to a local food pantry and will be awarded breakfast or lunch for the entire office.
Large office category (56 or more employees)
1. CBIZ Phoenix: Collected a total of 90,103 pounds, which amounts to 850.03 pounds per employee
2. CBIZ Cleveland: Collected a total of 63,083 pounds, which amounts to 391.82 pounds per employee
Medium office category (21-55 employees)
1. CBIZ Tucson: Collected a total of 37,293 pounds, which amounts to 1,035.92 pounds per employee
2. CBIZ M&S Consulting Services, Raleigh: Collected a total of 29,025 pounds, which amounts to 1,000.86 pounds per employee
Small office category (1-20 employees)
1. CBIZ Sattler, Lewiston, ID: Collected a total of 12,852.95 pounds, which amounts to 1,168.45 pounds per employee
2. CBIZ Oxnard: Collected a total of 14,711 pounds, which amounts to 735.55 pounds per employee
Congratulations to all who participated, and we look forward to many more successful food drives in years to come. Winners of the display competition will be announced soon, so make sure you check back for a blog post detailing the most creative offices this year! In the meantime, please check out some highlights from this year’s food drive here.