CBIZ employees proved how generous they are with another record-breaking year for the National Food Drive
. I am ecstatic to announce that we absolutely blew – or shall I say stampeded? – past our 600,000-pound goal
and collected 747,743 pounds of food for the needy in communities across America!
This puts us well past the 3-million-pound mark in terms of total food collected since the fundraiser started in 2009.
Our employees should be extremely proud of themselves for such a fantastic showing this year. CBIZ cares deeply about the communities it has a presence in, and we’re very excited to distribute the 747,743 pounds of food to food banks across the country.
While every office put in a tremendous effort, we would like to spotlight the 2014 National Food Drive winners.
Large office category (56 or more employees)
1. CBIZ Phoenix: Collected a total of 38,711 pounds, which amounts to 355 pounds per employee.
2. CBIZ M&S Consulting Services in Indianapolis: Collected a total of 44,876 pounds, which amounts to 343 pounds per employee.
Medium office category (16-55 employees)
1. CBIZ Tucson: Collected a total of 32,852 pounds, which amounts to 888 pounds per employee.
2. CBIZ MHM, LLC in Easton, Md.: Collected a total of 27,821 pounds, which amounts to 818 pounds per employee.
Small office category (1-15 employees)
1. CBIZ Sattler in Lewiston, Idaho: Collected a total of 9,880 pounds, which amounts to 898 pounds per employee.
2. CBIZ Insurance Services, Inc., in Johnston, Pa.: Collected a total of 6,836 pounds, which amounts to 621 pounds per employee.
We’d like to give a special shout-out to the small office category champ, CBIZ Sattler; the office was only acquired a few months ago, so this was quite the impressive debut for one of our newbie participants!
Once again, we would like to thank everyone who donated this year. Keep checking the blog, as we will also be posting highlights of the contest – including winners for most creative food displays and most improved offices over 2013 – and a breakdown of the National Food Drive by the numbers.
Congrats to all participants on another amazing year!