Business Services Blog
Explore CBIZ’s latest business services insights on the critical issues that help advance accounting, tax, insurance, HR and much more at your organization. Search for exactly what you need to succeed below.
October 10, 2012
My work with CBIZ Women’s Advantage has reinforced the value of women’s programs. Companies strive for different results -- better employee engagement, advancement of women, more diversity in the C-suite -- but so often many of these companies fail to change how they have always done business.
October 4, 2012
Our September Small Business Employment Index (SBEI) has been released and the findings show a 2.55 percent decrease during September, following an increase of 1.15 percent in small business hiring in August. Additionally, this reduction registers higher than previous September shifts we’ve tracked.
September 25, 2012
When you think of instances of fraud in the workforce, what comes to mind? Most people picture billion dollar companies conspiring to hide debts and inflate their stock price -- like the Enron scandal. Maybe you picture a smooth-talking financial whiz kid who steals his clients’ nest eggs -- like the Bernie Madoff swindle -- or some other high-profile incident costing millions of dollars.
September 12, 2012
With the completion of the Democratic and Republican National Conventions and the approaching presidential debates, many Americans will soon be deciding which candidate will get their vote in November. Our firm is engaged to help organizations hire top leaders; therefore, when I look at the 2012 presidential election between President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney, I compare it to the job interview process of hiring a CEO.
September 6, 2012
Our August Small Business Employment Index (SBEI) has been released and the findings show an improvement in employment for small businesses. The August SBEI increased by 1.15 percent, following a decrease of 1.57 percent in small business hiring in July.
August 30, 2012
As someone who regularly investigates allegations and instances of fraud, I’m well aware of the devastating toll that an act of fraud can have on a business. It’s a topic I’ll be exploring, analyzing, and discussing in this and future posts.The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ 2012 Report to the Nations, released earlier this year, listed the median workplace fraud loss at $140,000, while many caused a loss greater than $1 million.
August 22, 2012
Salary is often the number one issue when it comes to determining employees’ compensation, and rightfully so, as salary typically makes up 60 percent of a total compensation package. What about the other 40 percent? Much of the other 40 percent is in employee benefits such as paid time off, medical care, and retirement plans.
August 8, 2012
Over the years, I have attended countless events that offered me the opportunity to network with influential people, helping me learn the impact that networking can have on one’s career path. In our program, CBIZ Women’s Advantage, a main focus is teaching women professionals the keys to properly network.
August 2, 2012
Our July Small Business Employment Index (SBEI) has recently been released and the findings show a slight drop in employment for small businesses. The July SBEI decreased by 1.57 percent, following an increase of 1.38 percent in small business hiring in June.
July 5, 2012
Our June Small Business Employment Index (SBEI) was just released and the findings show solid growth in employment for small businesses. The June SBEI increased by 1.38 percent, following an increase of 1.34 percent in small business hiring in May. The positive number represents three consecutive months of positive employment growth in the small business sector.