Financial reporting requirements, lending arrangements and financing transactions require reliable financial data. Our valuation professionals are experienced providing a range of valuation services to help financial institutions with their reporting and their decision-making. We have experience with a wide array of illiquid, complex and hard-to-value assets and financial instruments, which helps us perform services including:
- Portfolio valuation and fair value reporting under ASC Topic 820
- Purchase price allocation under ASC Topic 805
- Goodwill and intangible asset impairment under ASC Topic 350
- Fairness opinions at the single asset, group of assets and general partner and limited partner transaction level
- Solvency opinions
- Litigation support, including fraudulent conveyance, breach of contract/warranty, bankruptcy and reorganization, economic loss/damages, infringement and lender liability
Discover how our leading edge valuation modeling combined with relevant transactional and real-time market data deliver insightful and defensible valuation opinions and reports.
Recent Financial Institution Valuation Experience
- Provided a fairness opinion for complex management buyout of publicly traded Registered Investment Advisor.
- Provided a fairness opinion to a provider of credit-based insurance and financial services in conjunction with a proposed rights offering.
- Performed a purchase price allocation for a provider of real-time information and transaction data to the financial services industry.
- Determined the value of a specific interest in a pool of securitized receivables