As the old adage goes, "you can't judge a book by its cover." The same can be said in completing a deal. To come to appropriate terms, you need to dig deep to look for liabilities, conditions and value drivers that could affect the transaction.
CBIZ due diligence practitioners help buyers, sellers and equity investors collect and analyze the data needed to make informed decisions. We provide a full range of services, including:
- Buy-Side Due Diligence: We help potential buyers evaluate value drivers and risk factors, establish the quality and sustainability of their reported earnings and cash flow, and analyze the target's assets, forecasts, purchase agreements and working capital.
- Sell-Side Due Diligence: We help those considering a sale by evaluating their financial, operational, technological HR and other issues that could potentially affect the negotiated sale price. Guidance is typically provided to make EBITDA adjustments, improve projections and review historical financial performance.
- IT Due Diligence: Our team examines the information technology infrastructure to identify security protocols, internal controls and evaluate potential risks or threats.
- Operational Due Diligence: We evaluate risk management, human capital performance and deployment, and benefit and retirement plan terms, features and compliance for potential issues that could have an impact on your deal.
- Quality of Earnings: We delve into the target’s financials in order to produce an EBITDA number that supports your negotiations.
Our due diligence team tailors each engagement around your areas of greatest concern and/or need. The customized solutions we employ ensure your goals are met while providing you a thorough evaluation of the deal. Your engagement is further enhanced by our suite of transaction advisory services, which provide support throughout the deal-making process and beyond.
Discover how our responsive, national team of professionals can add decision-making value to your next deal.