Esther DuVal serves as the National Practice Leader for the CBIZ Corporate Recovery Services Group. She specializes in creditors’ rights and has an extensive background working with matters ranging from mid-sized bankruptcies to high profile cases. Esther has a thorough understanding of the complex issues involved in bankruptcy matters and when applicable, she helps resolve disputes in an amicable manner through mediation.
Esther’s in-depth forensic accounting background includes fraudulent conveyance litigation, financial fraud investigations and white-collar crime. Esther has served as a court-appointed monitor to establish internal controls and manage cash and other assets for troubled companies. In addition, she serves in post confirmation officer roles for various cases and as the financial adviser to various Chapter 7 Trustees.
Esther joined the organization in 1996. Previously, she was a senior manager in the Corporate Recovery Group of BDO Seidman and developed industry experience with investment banking at Morgan Stanley.
Bachelor of Science - State University of New York at Buffalo
- Certified Public Accountant, New York
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- ABI-Trained Mediator
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisers
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- CalCPA Women's Leadership Forum, Beverly Hills, Calif., April 29, 2016, "Fearless Negotiating"
- ABI Spring Conference, Washington D.C., April 24-27, 2014, "Asset Sale Alternatives in the Healthcare Space"
- The Attorney Accountant Committee and The Bankruptcy Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, Mineola, NY, December 16, 2014, "Accounting Issues in Bankruptcy Cases: Views from the Debtors' Bar, Panel Trustees and Their Accountants"
- Duane Morris' Annual State of Play in Bankruptcy and Insolvencies, New York, NY, June 17, 2014, Panel Discussion
1065 Avenue of the Americas