Ed Rataj is the Managing Director, Compensation Consulting of CBIZ Talent & Compensation Solutions. He joined CBIZ in 2003 to oversee CBIZ’s Compensation Consulting Division. His career in compensation consulting began in 1995. Since then, he has amassed extensive experience in the area of compensation, focusing on designing innovative executive, broad-based and sales compensation programs. His core business is consulting with corporate clients across various industries in the area of compensation. In addition to his core corporate work, Rataj serves as an expert witness in the area of reasonable compensation.
- Qualified as an expert witness in compensation-related matters including reasonable compensation, intermediate sanctions, rebuttable presumption, competitive market value and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) allowable compensation
- Testified in the area of reasonable compensation
- Managed the development and implementation of multiple compensation programs for clients, including broad-based systems, annual incentive and equity plans, executive compensation packages and sales compensation programs
- Created consolidating compensation plans for organizations completing mergers and acquisitions
- Previously worked for leading human resources consulting firms, including Mellon (formerly Buck Consultants) and William M. Mercer