Rich Howard is based in our Irvine, CA office and specializes in providing services to companies in the high technology, software, manufacturing, distribution, e-commerce, and products industries. Rich is the Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.* Regional Attest Practice Leader for the West Region with overall responsibility for the operations of the audit practice in California, Arizona, Colorado and Utah. He also serves as a member of our MHM Executive Committee and Professional Standards Group. Rich joined the organization in September 2002, following 14 years at Arthur Andersen where he was an audit partner.
B.S. – Accountancy, Northern Arizona University, 1988
- Certified Public Accountant: California, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii
- Led the worldwide audits of several multi-national public companies requiring the global expertise and coordination of teams in several jurisdictions
- Leads MHM’s international growth initiative and the development of our global audit capability
- Provided expert consulting services to several NYSE and Nasdaq-traded companies regarding various accounting and financial reporting matters including revenue recognition, purchase accounting and stock options.
- Consulted with public companies regarding restatements of financial statements, special investigators retained by the audit committee, the company’s auditors, audit committee, management, and the SEC.
- Led the audits and registration statement process for multiple companies’ initial public offerings.
- Provided consulting services to a variety of companies related to their Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance efforts including documenting, evaluating and testing internal controls (accelerated and non-accelerated filers).
- Led the financial due diligence teams for several acquisition targets throughout the United States and worldwide including advising on deal structure.
- Provided consulting services and accounting advice to a multi-billion dollar company in connection with their Tender Offer to reprice stock options.
- Instrumental in a project to allocate approximately $11 billion of purchase price to the assets acquired and liabilities assumed in connection with an acquisition of a company with $5 billion in annual revenue from 6 business segments around the world.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ernst & Young Alumni Association, Board of Directors – Orange County (previous)
- Quality Group Executive Committee, Kreston International
- Deputy Chairman, Board of Directors, Kreston International
*CBIZ is associated with Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM), a national, independent CPA firm through an alternative practice structure. The two companies are separate and independent legal entities that work together to serve clients' business needs. CBIZ, Inc. and its Accounting, Tax and Advisory companies are not licensed CPA firms. CBIZ offers tax, consulting and advisory, and non-attest accounting services. MHM offers audit and all other attest services. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International -- an association of separate and independent legal entities.
2301 Dupont Drive