Zack advises employers across various industry sectors, including nonprofit organizations, government contractors, construction, higher education, and retail. He joined CBIZ in 2002. During his over 15 years in employee benefits, he has designed, implemented and managed benefits packages that enable employers to attract and retain the talent they need to outperform their competitors, while ensuring that each overall benefits program and its components are cost-effective. Zack has worked closely with employers in introducing High Deductible Health Plans with Health Savings Accounts, implementing alternative funding techniques, wellness initiatives, and performing voluntary plan audits and redesigns. Since 2010, he has been a student of Health Care Reform, helping employers chart a compliant and economical path through the maze of the Affordable Care Act.
In 2015, he was invited to write a monthly column for Employee Benefits News. Examples of his subsequent articles include:
- A simple approach to eliminating ACA shared responsibility penalty risks
- What frogs and boiling water have in common with stop-loss and prescription drugs
- Why plan sponsors should be upfront with workers about self-funding
- The alternative to health plan spousal exclusions
- Which voluntary products disqualify HSA eligibility?
As a Subject Matter Expert in Benefits for iWorkwell, hewrote numerous instructional articles for their subscription membership,including:
- Health Care Reform: Assess & Eliminate Top Penalty Risks
- Health Care Reform: Impact on Employers — Overview
- Health Care Reform: What’s the Impact of Dropping Your Plan in 2015?
- Voluntary Insurance Benefits
- Disability Insurance
He has been quoted by various publications including, CNBC, Washington Business Journal, HR Executive Online and CEO Update, and has spoken frequently on Benefits and Affordable Care Act topics, including:
- Moderator of IHC Private Exchange Panel: Best Fit Exchange Solutions for Mid-Market Employers
- Presentation at ASA of Baltimore Information Exchange: ACA Questions for Employers
- Presentation at CBIZ Symposium: Affordable Care Act 301
- Presentation at HRsmart’s Global Client Forum: Assessing Your Healthcare Reform Penalty Risk
- Executive Issue Briefing for ASAE’s membership: ACA Employer Mandates