Michael Zucarelli is a practicing pharmacist and leads CBIZ’s National Pharmacy Practice, a specialty practice within CBIZ’s Benefits and Insurance Group. He serves as the lead pharmacy consultant for clients, providing financial and clinical guidance to optimize a group’s pharmacy program and overall benefit strategy that is cost-effective, compliant and sustainable. Michael’s approach focuses on client satisfaction with the pharmacy benefit value and PBM relationship. He assists clients with financial models, pharmacy program analysis, and clinical evaluation. Upon completion of this analysis, he presents these results concisely and offers strategic recommendations. He is a graduate of the University of Arizona and joined CBIZ in 2013.
- Lead clients through pharmacy benefit plan evaluation including procurement, contract review, and implementation of pharmacy benefit management for self-insured plan sponsors
- Lead planning and strategy meetings with clients to produce and maintain a cost-effective and sustainable pharmacy benefit for their employees and dependents
- Leverage PBM and carrier relationships to advocate vendor accountability and best practices on the client’s behalf
Employ and update proprietary modeling tools to determine pricing benchmarks consistent with the marketplace environment
- Proactively advise the core CBIZ account services teams on relevant State and Federal pharmacy issues
- Foster an environment of continuous learning by leading regular, topical pharmacy discussions with CBIZ associates
- Serve as a resource for clients and CBIZ associates specific to pharmacy benefit operations, clinical programs, and member experience