Managing Director and Chief Marketing Officer
Marc is a Managing Director and the Chief Marketing Officer at CBIZ Tofias, placing him in an elite group of professional services marketing executives. Marc joined the organization in 1996 and is responsible for developing and executing the CBIZ Tofias marketing strategy and implementing targeted marketing programs geared to bottom line results. In this role, he devises programs to introduce services, develops niche markets, oversees the company's client satisfaction programs, and manages its marketing and business development activities. In 2011, Marc was named one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the Accounting Industry by Accounting Today and in 2012, Marc was the recipient of the CJP Accountants Community of Excellence Award. His experience includes merger integration and strategy, market research, competitive analysis, positioning, branding, and business development.
Marc recently spoke at the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference in partnership with the Association for Accounting Marketing Summit. He has moderated and spoke at the Association of Accounting Marketing Executive Leadership Conference on the subject of “The Road to Partner,” at the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) New England Practice Management Conference, the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) of New England Annual Conference on the subjects of "Client Satisfaction through Differentiation" and "Tracking Your Firm's Business Development Efforts," and presented a CFO panel discussion at an international accounting meeting. Later this year, Marc will be speaking at the Winning CLIENTS is Everything Conference on “Increasing the Overall Value of Your Firm Through Marketing".
Marc has been quoted in Practical Accountant, Accounting Today, Web CPA, The Boston Business Journal, Worcester Telegram & Gazette, and profiled by the CPA Marketing Report. In addition to his many civic and charitable activities, Marc has also lectured on the subject of professional services marketing at Emerson College and taught Money and Banking in the Chelsea Public Schools as part of the Boston University/Chelsea Schools partnership.
Roger Williams University, BS
Suffolk University, MBA
• Association for Accounting Marketing, Board of Directors, Immediate Past President and Executive Committee Member
• Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, 2010 Boston's Future Leaders
• The Boston Jewish Film Festival, Inc., Executive Board Member and Treasurer
• Anti-Defamation League (ADL) - New England Region, Board Member
• Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP), Accountants Team Co-Chair
• Suffolk University, Marketing Advisory Council
• Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Marketing Committee
• Bentley College Business Bowl Competition, Judge
• Harvard Business School Business Plan Competition, Judge
Awards and Honors:
• Named one of the 2011 Top 100 Most Influential People in the Accounting Industry by Accounting Today
• 2012 CJP Accountants Community of Excellence Award Recipient
Connect with Us: