Delivering Accounting, Audit, Compliance and Tax Solutions Since 1925 to Individuals, Public and Private Companies, and Nonprofits
The history of CBIZ Tofias and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. - Tofias New England Division goes back to 1925 when the first of three professional firms that would ultimately merge was founded.
- In 1925, Hyman Fleishman & Co. was founded.
- In 1966, Allan Tofias, Inc. and Hyman Fleishman & Co. merged to form Tofias Fleishman & Co., and in 1970 Mel Shapiro of Kirshner, Yellen & Co. joined the firm to form Tofias Fleishman Shapiro & Co., P.C., headquartered in Cambridge, MA.
- In 2001, the name was shortened to Tofias PC. We also merged with Pettiti, Eisenberg & Gamache located in New Bedford, MA.
- In 2004, we merged with Rooney, Plotkin & Willey, expanding our offices to include Providence and Newport, RI.
- In 2008, Tofias joined CBIZ, Inc. and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. to form CBIZ Tofias and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. – Tofias New England Division.
- In 2011, the Cambridge, MA headquarters office relocated to 500 Boylston St. in Boston, MA.
Since our initial merger in 1966, we have experienced rapid and continual growth. Many of the clients we started with are still with us today.
Connect with Us: