State & Local Tax
Simplifying state & local tax complexity
The devil is in the details, and with state and local tax regulations, those details could mean increased tax liability for your business. A comprehensive state and local tax strategy helps minimize your company's compliance risk and its tax burden.
CBIZ's dedicated state and local tax (SALT) professionals provide you favorable, accurate and defendable tax solutions. Our clients benefit from our depth of expertise working with state and local jurisdictions. The experience we have negoitating for tax incentives and credits allows us to deliver incentive packages that take full advantage of the opportunities available to our clients.
Share with us your goals and objectives and receive a tax strategy that is tailored to meet your needs. From creating the appropriate entity structure, to tax preparation outsourcing, compliance resolution, transaction planning and tax credit identification, we offer a full range of services to assist you with the SALT challenges you face.
- Abandoned/Unclaimed Property: From annual compliance to unclaimed property reviews and technical analysis of state statutes, we help reduce your abandoned or unclaimed property exposure.
- Income & Franchise Tax: We provide nexus evaluations and assist with voluntary disclosure agreements to reduce your income and franchise tax risk.
- Personal Property & Tax Compliance and Consulting: Our tax professionals review your company’s locations and fixed assets to ensure they are reported correctly, We also provide outsourcing services that guarantee your property tax return is filed before the appropriate deadline.
- Sales & Use Tax Refund Study: We work with you to find applicable exemptions and refunds for your sales and use taxes.
- Sales Tax Compliance: The services we provide help minimize your state and local sales tax compliance risk.
- State & Local Tax Controversy: CBIZ assists throughout the tax controversy process to ensure you minimize your tax exposure, reduce or eliminate any penalties and receive applicable refund claims.
- State & Local Tax Minimization: A review of your state and local tax payments both ensures your compliance with tax regulations and pinpoints opportunities for further tax benefits, deferrals or reductions.
- Tax Incentives & Training Grants: We identify the hiring and/or training incentives for which you may be eligible if you plan to hire new employees or implement new technology.