& Litigation Support
Compensation is generally the largest portion of an HR budget. As such, it is critical that your compensation programs are competitive and drive results. Our team of experts will work with you to design, implement and communicate employee and executive compensation and total reward programs that help drive organizational success.
Base Compensation Program Development
- Conduct external market analysis (published &/or private survey data).
- Perform job evaluation.
- Develop salary structure(s).
- Calculate financial impact.
- Develop implementation plan.
Sales Incentive Compensation
- Evaluate current state of sales plans, competitive positioning, and overall strengths and weaknesses.
- Design new sales plans focusing on role, desired behaviors, and business performance using a collaborative process.
- Develop plan communication tactics that promote clear understanding and strong sales performance.
Executive & Director Compensation Analyses
- Evaluate total remuneration competitiveness & effectiveness, incl. base salary, annual incentives, long-term incentives, stock options, perquisites, etc.
- Long-term incentive plan design based on best practices, market competitive LTI levels, tax & accounting implications of different LTI vehicles.
Reasonable Compensation Opinions
- Conduct analysis to evaluate competitiveness of key executives’ total compensation.
- Nonprofit Organizations: determine whether executive compensation packages meet Intermediate Sanctions provisions.
Litigation Support Services
Marital dissolution cases involving closely-held companies tend to involve discussions regarding compensation, especially when one or both parties are employed by the company. In addition, the Internal Revenue Service is increasingly focusing on ensuring compensation deductions are reasonable. In both instances, the question of reasonableness is of high importance.
Our compensation consulting practice is composed of professionals with experience in compensation-related matters. CBIZ has expertise in the following areas of reasonable compensation:
- Family law
- IRS challenges to reasonable compensation
- Intermediate Sanctions
Ed Rataj, Managing Director
Amber Duncan, Consultant & Manager
Hal Wallach, Director, Executive Compensation
Joe Rice, Project Manager
• Evaluate the current state of sales plans, competitive positioning and overall strengths and weaknesses