Join us for a FREE webinar on May 19th that will explore the plethora of leave laws!
CBIZ maintains a Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Department staffed with attorneys and paralegals to assist in the interpretation of federal and state laws governing benefit plans. In addition to reviewing and interpreting state and federal laws, court decisions, administrative rulings, and pronouncements affecting employee benefits, our staff also assists our CBIZ consultants in defining the issues and developing a roadmap for resolution of specific compliance issues.
Areas of expertise are state and federal laws impacting employee benefits, including welfare benefits, as well as pension and retirement benefits, such as the:
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as it relates to both portability and the health care privacy, electronic data interchange (EDI) and security rules
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
As well as laws governing:
- Cafeteria plans and other reimbursement plans
- Medical Child Support Orders (MCSO)
- Mental Health Parity
The CBIZ Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Department is adept at communicating complex issues in simple and actionable terms through a variety of client publications. As a CBIZ client, you will have full access to many of our publications, including:
- At Issue, a CBIZ client newsletter that provides information of general interest regarding employee benefits law and legislation.
- For Your Benefit, a CBIZ compliance reference guide to state and federal regulatory issues governing welfare benefit plans.
- Benefit Beat, a monthly CBIZ e-newsletter containing regulatory updates.
- CBIZ Health Reform Matrix, a tool providing summary information of various ACA provisions impacting all-sized employers and plan sponsors, including insurance market reforms, reporting and disclosure obligations, fees and taxes, and insurer obligations.
- CBIZ Health Reform Bulletins, technical reports that provide summaries of implementation guidance issued by the Affordable Care Act’s governing agencies. Bulletins are intended to provide CBIZ clients with both technical guidance and an understanding of the impact of specific rules.
In addition, our Regulatory Affairs and Compliance team provides webinars for our clients whenever significant laws or regulations are implemented that require employer compliance.