The CBIZ actuarial team seeks to understand our clients’ circumstances and provides employers with integrated, practical solutions. Being a leader in alternative funding strategies for employee benefits has given us broad insight into employee benefits insurance and alternative risk transfer programs.
We have significant underwriting, business-development strategy, accounting and operating experience. Our consulting actuaries participate in and often lead client project teams requiring health and welfare actuarial expertise and certification.
We provide insightful actuarial and financial advice, analysis and certifications in compliance with actuarial standards of practice. In addition, we are experienced drivers of growth who apply financial and mathematical models to help you analyze and optimize your risk alternatives, as well as successfully manage employee benefit programs to achieve sustainable growth and profit.
Our actuarial consulting practice consists of four areas:
Statistical & Financial Analysis
- Financial projections
- Expected-loss forecasting
- Reserve valuations
- Claim run-off analysis
- Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) valuations (FAS 106, GASB 45, IAS 19)
- Appointed actuary for blue & orange SAP statements
Strategy & Growth
- Program & vendor management
- Alternative-funding feasibility studies
- Agreement review & negotiations
- Risk management
- Employee benefit captive feasibility and assessment
- Recommendations pertaining to evolving legislation, including the Affordable Care Act
- CBIZ Health Care Reform (HCR)
- Medicare Part D certification
- Coordination with outside vendors
Pricing & Product Development
- Rate development
- Experience analysis
- Trend studies
- Underwriting & benefit design
- Reinsurance analysis & negotiation
Our actuarial expertise is the foundation upon which effective risk management and financing decisions are made. We work with our clients to translate complex data into actionable recommendations.