Construction Cost Review
With construction comes expense. Your company wants to be sure the cost of a project—regardless of its size of complexity—accurately reflects the work being conducted. CBIZ construction cost review and consulting services help ensure you only pay for the services and materials dictated by the terms of your construction contract.
Reviewing your contract requires an understanding of construction costs and building projects, which we've honed from our years of serving the construction industry. We can get involved early on the process to identifiy potential issues, review contract documents and lend our construction acumen to the cost negoitiation process.
Additionally, we can:
- Analyze proposed construction budgets, including general conditions, allowances and contingencies;
- Analyze labor rates, equipment rental rates, applications, “buyout” items, change order requests, insurance costs including self-insured projects and other project-related costs to verify they are in accordance with the terms of the contract;
- Establish payment procedures in order to protect our clients' interest and carry construction projects to completion;
- Determinine the adequacy of contractors’ cost reporting systems;
- Determine any credits due and whether they have been properly applied; and
- Develop damage calculations in support of claims in construction controversies.
The services we provide assist throughout the project's life cycle to provide you with the peace of mind that your construction project costs are reasonable and fair.