Roy has more than 25 years of experience in the field of public accounting. He focuses his practice on assisting businesses in all aspects of financial, tax and general business consulting. His clients range in industries such as physician groups, restaurants, manufacturing, and retail establishments. Roy frequently provides outsourced accounting services to clients. Prior to joining CBIZ MHM, he worked at Baden & Linden.
- Performed forensic accounting services in restaurant fraud engagements involving related parties. Quantified amount embezzled for recovery from bonding company, and determined correct liabilities to taxing authorities for unpaid payroll taxes. Also established procedures and controls to avoid future recurrences of problems.
- Provided consulting services for an integrated health care system, focusing on procedures and controls over cash and inter-company activity, and investments including joint ventures. Reconciled accounts and established new procedures so that accounts could be reconciled in a timely manner by existing staff.
- Worked closely with a regional multi-location retailer in developing and documenting policies and procedures over cash receipts and disbursements for the corporate offices and at the retail locations. Also compiled quarterly reports to lenders detailing that cash distributions were in compliance with loan covenants.
PROFESSIONAL | CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
Cleveland State University
Masters, Accounting Financial Information Systems, 1983
University of Louisville
B.S., Commerce, 1976